Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Big Day

Today is the day.

The official day that my book, Drowning in the Dark, becomes available on Barnes & Noble, Amazon, and Smashwords in an e-book format.

And I have to say, it’s pretty damn exciting. This is my debut book, and it’s a wonderful feeling to see it online, available to the reading masses like that. Not to mention, the feeling of just writing and finishing a book. That’s pretty special too.

I never thought I would get to write and publish something like this so soon. I'm 23 years old, and I had always thought you could never really become a writer until you became older and more established. I always thought you had to slave away for years and years in far-flung corners of the publishing industry, and maybe if you were lucky, the earliest you could publish something would be in your 30’s.

But this whole new e-reader wave has really broken down those old and outdated industry standards. I feel so lucky to have the opportunity to be writing what I want to write at my age. And of course, to have the opportunity to have it published! That last part is pretty major. Because I’m pretty sure that if I went through the normal query route, my book would not have been be published, or if it did, it wouldn’t be ready for another two years or maybe more. And by then, it wouldn’t be cutting-edge anymore.

So what I’m saying is that I’m so extremely pleased to be apart of this new wave of e-reading. I truly do believe it’s the future, and I’m so thrilled to be apart of it, and have the chance to mainline my book directly to the readers.

On a side note, I’d really like to thank all the fine folks at You Come Too Publishing. I couldn’t have done it without their valuable insight and help.

So with that, I’m going to leave you with a description of the book below. Here you go:

There's a demon walking the streets of Freeport. And only teenager Samantha Carver can stop it.
It's hard to outrun your past. But that's what Sam thought she could do. After moving to a sleepy town on the Oregon coast to live with relatives, she thought she was safe. She thought she could be someone different. She thought she could be a normal teenage girl.


However, the quiet coastal town of Freeport is no refuge. After a girl at the high school is brutally murdered, the police believe Samantha's cousin and best friend, Terry, is responsible.

But Samantha knows what her friends, teachers, and the police don't. The murderer isn't human. Samantha has seen this before. Too many times. She has witnessed the dead rise from their graves and do unspeakable things. She carries the scars on her skin and the sorrow in her soul to prove it.

The evil that she thought she had left behind in the rotting graveyards of her past is still stalking her.

Will Samantha be able to save Terry, Freeport, and herself from the malevolent power that threatens to rip her world apart? Or will she succumb under a surging tide of evil and drown in the growing darkness that surrounds her?

In the tradition of Amanda Hocking and Charlaine Harris comes a paranormal romantic thriller with more chills than a cold and windblown night on the Oregon coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment