Sunday, July 17, 2011

I Just Know that Something Good is Gonna Happen...

Hello there! It’s been a few weeks since I’ve posted anything. Pretty much just a reflection of how scattered my life is right now. But the good news is that things are getting better and more organized with each new day. Things have slowed down to a normal pace at work, so I’ve had more time lately to work on my writing, which I think will really pay off.

A few awesome things have happened to me as of late. First off, I got a Barnes & Noble Nook for my 24th Birthday. Yahoo!!! It has changed my life. Being a writer, I think it’s crucial to be reading books in your field. And before I got this amazing piece of technology, I really didn’t read a whole lot in the paranormal genre – or any genre to be honest. I’d go through periods of extreme reading, countered with periods of no reading whatsoever. But now, with the help of the nook, I am devouring books like crazy. I’ve finished the first two Amanda Hocking books in the My Blood Approves Series, and I’m loving it. I love the story, and I also really love Amanda’s story. She’s an inspiration to keep going, and to follow your passion, no matter what other people tell you.

The other really great thing that’s happened (or going to happen, anyway) is that I have a few trips planned in August that I’m completely stoked about. I haven’t had a vacation in soooooo long, and I can’t wait to take some time off from my job (Because when I say vacation – I don’t mean from my fiction writing. I love that part J ) I’ll be headed to Portland for a concert, and then to the Oregon Coast for a week after that in August. Which, as it happens, is where my books take place. I haven’t been to the Oregon Coast for several years, and I’m so excited to visit! At heart, I think I belong by the ocean. I was born in Santa Monica, CA, and I think that being by the beach and the ocean have always felt right to me. So I can’t wait to get there, and to get away for a bit. Vacations are so important!

Anyway, those are my updates for the time being. The second Drowning in the Dark book is in the editing process right now, and will be published in August. It’s taken a lot longer than I thought it would. But it’s a lot longer than the first book, and I think all the time I’ve taken to write it will be well worth it in the end.

So that’s what’s happening with me right now. I hope all of you out there have a great week, and I’ll check back in soon!

1 comment:

  1. I think these days all authors should own some kind of e-reading device. I have a kindle and I ADORE it! I bought an Amanda Hocking ebook but I haven't got round to reading it yet... I've got so many books on there at the moment. Many of them are self-published and so far have been brilliant. I've read one horror but I'm keen to read more so I shall have to add yours to my list!
    Best wishes
    http://suzyturner.com

    ReplyDelete