Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Reflections

Greetings, and Happy Easter!

I love Easter. I’m not a religious type or anything, but I love the time of year that it falls in, and the low-keyness of the holiday. It’s great just sitting down to a tasty meal with the family, and just having kind of a lazy, enjoyable and peaceful day. Easter has all the best of Sunday, and somehow, makes it easier to ignore the looming week ahead.

I feel very thankful this Easter. Even though it’s not Thanksgiving or anything, it’s hard not to reflect back on the past year during holidays. You can’t help but think about where you were a year ago (even though, technically because of where Easter falls this year, it was more than a year ago. But, small potatoes, I say.)

Last Easter, I was still the post-college doldrums. Without a job, without a direction really, trying to figure out how I’d find an income in the worst job market of recent times.

But then, I started throwing myself into writing a book. The book I was writing never saw an audience (though I plan to get to it eventually), but I worked late into the evening on it every night. I stopped worrying so much about getting a job, and just enjoyed what I was doing.

A year later, I’ve got a career-type job, I’ve got a book published, I’ve got two more books in the works. I’ve got an e-book market that’s growing that didn’t even exist a year ago. I’ve got summer coming up.
I see so much promise for the year ahead.

So, these are my thoughts on this particularly blustery Easter on the high desert. I feel so thankful, and happy to be doing what I’m doing. And more importantly, I’m excited to continue on this path.

Happy Easter to all of you guys out there, and enjoy your holiday!

1 comment: