Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Long Winter

I’m in the middle of my work week here, and I feel the need to write a post. It’s been a pretty hectic week – lots of stories going on, rushing around from here to there. I’m tired, and I’ll be honest – since my last post, I haven’t read a single line from any of the books I’ve mentioned. Though, to be fair, that was my spring reading list. And it’s been just about anything but spring here in Central Oregon. It’s the longest winter that I can remember since I’ve lived here.

So, what I’m saying is that it’s been hard keeping a positive outlook on everything.

Sales for Drowning in the Dark haven’t been bad, but I want more. I’ve finished my first draft of the sequel, and am now in the process of revising and editing. That’s always the part I hate the most – where you have to go over your work and look at every detail. It drives me nuts! Though, it’s probably the most important part of the whole thing.

I’m shooting for the first week of May for the sequel to come out. I don’t know if I’ll be able to get the trilogy out in time for my birthday in July, but it will for sure be ready by October. Bring on Halloween!

I guess you just have to realize that you have up days, and you have down days with this business, and the trick is just to ride ‘em out. So that’s what I’m gonna do. It’s just about keeping your eyes on the prize – no matter what.

And, it’s not really so bad – we’re onto the latter half of the week, and at least we’re moving away from the cold weather. Or that’s what the Calendar’s saying anyway.

I hope it’s gonna be a long, hot summer…

No comments:

Post a Comment