Sunday, May 15, 2011

You Had Your Red Rainslicker On...

Greetings from a drizzly Sunday evening in Central Oregon. Right now, I’m looking out the front window of my house, watching pink flowering trees sway in wind against the backdrop of a grove of Junipers. You step outside, and the whole desert smells of damp juniper. It was pouring most of the day, and it has been nice just hanging out, watching the desert come to life in the fresh spring rain.

So the past few weeks, I’ve been e-mailing the book review bloggers, asking them to review Drowning in the Dark. I figure it will be good timing, because my next book in the series will be out shortly, and it would be good to have some reviews of the first one. So far, I’ve got close to 30 who have agreed to review the book. So now, I’m just in the waiting part of it. I’ve become kind of obsessive about it – googling my name at least three times every day to see if anyone’s posted anything yet. It’s become shameful.

Part of me is ecstatic that so many book bloggers are/will be reading my book and providing a review of it. At the same time, I can’t help but feel a little nervous. I guess it’s never easy putting yourself out there, but I’m looking forward to hearing what people think of the book!

So in light of my recent google obsessions, I tried to stay away from the computer as much as I could this weekend. It wasn’t too hard because I had to work on Saturday. Today, I spent the day working on a flurry of projects. I made the beginnings of what will be three different liqueurs. A Limencello, a Basil/Cucumber/Lemongrass infused Vodka, and an Apple Pie liqueur. The first two take about four weeks of infusing, so I won’t know how they turn out until next month. I will have to write a posting about them when I’m finished, and I’ll add the recipes to my Spirits page then too (if they end up being good, that is.)

I also did a little gardening, and I made a Key Lime Pie, too. Sufficient to say, I pooped myself in my attempt to stay away from google. But, I had fun doing it J

Anyways, I’ve decided that it’s high time that I get back to work on my book. Maybe I’ll just restrict my access to the internet so I don’t become tempted to google myself anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment